Come See Us and Encounter a Raptor!
Sneak by a Snowy Owl! Experience Eagles!
Rave About Ravens!
The Raptor Trust is located at 1390 White Bridge Road, Millington, NJ. Approximately 50 resident birds are on exhibit in large outdoor aviaries viewed by walking along the trails. Living on the campus of the Trust throughout the year is variety of raptors and birds of prey. Currently, the Trust is home to two Bald Eagles, Turkey Vultures, Barred Owls, Great Horned Owls, Ravens, Screech Owls, Red-Tailed Hawks, a Snowy Owl and many more!
The aviaries are currently closed to the public. There is no cost to come by for a self-guided tour, however, we ask you to consider a small donation of $2 per person. The Raptor Trust is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization which provides free medical care to thousands of orphaned or injured birds each year. We cannot do what we do without the kindness of many – including our visitors!
The Education Center houses our public restrooms. There is also a classroom used for programs throughout the year, which is not open to the public. The Trust hosts several open houses and special events during the year. Click here for more information!
The picnic tables located on the grass by the Education Center are for public use. We ask that you be kind to the area and clean up after your snack or lunch!
If you are looking for unique gifts for yourself or a bird lover you know, stop by our local store. You’ll find great gift ideas, birding books for children & adults, hand-crafted jewelry, stuffed animals, Raptor Trust apparel and more. You can also find great gifts by visiting our Online Gift Shop. On-site store hours are 9 a.m to 4 p.m. every day during fall, winter and spring months. During the summer months our hours are 9 a.m to 7 p.m. All sales support the work of The Raptor Trust.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW WHEN YOU VISIT US
A few things to know when you visit us!
- Please stay on the gravel paths and in the public areas.
- The rehabilitation areas are off limits to the public. Our patients are wild animals and we need to be sensitive and mindful of their needs for a quick recovery and return to the wild.
- Parents and group leaders: Please supervise your children and students. We ask that you keep the noise to a minimum as we have many sensitive species living at the Trust.
- We ask that you maintain a ratio of no more than five children to one adult at all times. Children must remain with their parents/teachers at all times.
- Please no running, use a quiet, inside voices and let’s keep the rocks, leaves and other plants on the ground where they like to live!
And we love all animals – including dogs – but we do not allow dogs onsite or in the parking area as they can scare our resident birds.
We also have a gift shop filled with fun trinkets, souvenirs, books and Raptor Trust t-shirts, mugs, stuffed animals and much, much more! After your tour, stop by the Gift Shop!
Did you know that The Raptor Trust is close to a lot of fun things in Somerset and Morris Counties?
The surrounding area is full of other great environmental organizations. Make a day of your visit and check out some of our friends! See the links below for events going on at each location.
Bikers, Walkers and Runners
We love our friends that stop by as they cruise through the neighborhood on two wheels or two feet! We ask that you be mindful of the parking lot as it used for staff, our flock of volunteers, class trips, and the many visitors each week.