Plan Your Visit!
Self-guided visit: These reservations are free of charge and allow you to bring a party of up to 8 people total and offer visitors the opportunity to go at their own pace while viewing our many resident hawks, owls, eagles, falcons, and vultures. Reservations will no longer be required Wed. – Fri. between 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
On the weekends, reservations must be made in advance and are currently being offered between 10:30am – 4pm.
Staff-led Tour Talks: These private tours offer visitors a chance to learn more about NJ’s native raptor species and hear about some of our residents’ individual histories directly from one of our education team. Tour Talks run about 50 minutes and the cost per group is $80. Your reservation is private and offers space for you to bring a party of up to 8 guests total.
Reservations must be made in advance and quantities are limited. Staff-led Tour Talks are currently offered Wednesdays-Sundays at 9:00 am and 10:00 am. To request a different time or for private events, please email email@example.com.
A Few Things to Know When You Visit
The Raptor Trust is located at 1390 White Bridge Road, Millington, NJ. The Raptor Trust is home to approximately 50 resident disabled birds housed in large outdoor aviaries that can be viewed by walking along the trails.
- All visitors will be required to wear masks when indoors, follow all directional signs, and to refrain from reversing direction or climbing over the ropes.
- Please stay on the gravel paths and in the public areas.
- The rehabilitation areas are off limits to the public. Our patients are wild animals and we need to be sensitive and mindful of their needs for a quick recovery and return to the wild.
- We ask that you maintain a ratio of no more than five children to one adult. Children must remain with their parents/teachers.
- Please walk quietly and respectfully through our aviary trail.
- We do not allow dogs onsite or in the parking area. No animal should be left unattended in vehicles parked in our lot.
- Bathrooms are located off the Education Center back deck and open to TRT visitors.
The TRT Education Center is now open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays! Come by to check out bird artifacts, see raptor eggs, nests, and anatomy up close, and learn more about these fantastic creatures in an open-house experience.
If you are looking for unique gifts for yourself or a bird lover you know, stop by our local store. You’ll find great gift ideas, birding books for children & adults, hand-crafted jewelry, stuffed animals, Raptor Trust apparel and more. You can also find great gifts by visiting our Online Gift Shop.
On-site store hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1-4PM and Saturday 10-4PM.
Did you know that The Raptor Trust is close to a lot of fun things in Somerset and Morris Counties?
The surrounding area is full of other great environmental organizations. Make a day of your visit and check out some of our friends! See the links below for events going on at each location.